A 34-year-old Hollis man has been indicted for a second time this year on kidnapping, sex trafficking and other charges after he allegedly forced a 15-year-old girl into prostitution, Queens District Attorney Richard Brown said.
Corey Hannah was indicted last month for allegedly forcing a 21-year-old woman he met on a phone dating service into prostitution and, on Monday, he was arraigned before Queens Supreme Court Justice Richard L. Buchter on a separate, 21-count indictment charging him with kidnapping, sex trafficking, compelling prostitution, promoting prostitution, criminal solicitation, assault, rape, criminal sexual act and endangering the welfare of a child, the DA said.
Hannah, who was ordered held on a $500,000 bond and $250,000 cash bail, could face up to 25 years to life in prison if convicted. His next court date is May 31.
“The defendant has now been twice accused of holding women against their will, forcing them to engage in prostitution acts and turning over all the money that they earned to him,” Brown said.
According to the criminal charges filed in the latest incident, Hannah allegedly forced a 15-year-old girl (who was 14 at the time they met) to engage in prostitution acts in Queens and other locales between May and June last year. The defendant is alleged to have posted ads of the victim on backpage.com and then brought her to various hotels to engage in prostitution dates for money. During this time, Hannah allegedly raped the girl and when she refused to work as a prostitute, he became angry in violent—during one incident, he allegedly burned her leg with a lit cigar, causing scarring.
During the earlier incident, the defendant took the 21-year-old victim to dinner after meeting her through an online dating service in March 2015. The following day, the victim discovered that her purse, which contained her personal information, was missing and she was allegedly told by Hannah that she would have to engage in prostitution acts for him if she wanted the purse and its contents returned, the DA said.
Between March and June 2015, Hannah posted advertisements online and then allegedly took the victim to hotels to have sex with men for money. The defendant is alleged to have threatened the victim’s safety and, during two separate incidents, choked her and scratched her above the eye.